On July 8, 2019, a Project Partners Meeting was held at Cargill India Office in Gurugram, Haryana. The meeting included representatives from UNWFP, CRB and Cargill India and was planned to
- Discuss the overview of the project along with the Governance and Structure
- Review the project components and broad Partner Responsibilities amongst Partners
- Develop and agree on the Action Plan for the next six months for each partner
- Discuss the Impact Matrix looking at activities, outputs, outcomes and impact from the project
On 21 November 2019, as part of CRB’s Annual Conference India Sustainability Standards (ISS) 2019, a session on Nutrition Security for India - Evolving Effective and Demonstrable Models involving Public and Private Sector was held at The Eros Hotel, New Delhi. The session which was co-hosted by UNWFP and Cargill India, looked at
- Highlighting the larger nutrition scenario in India and the government framework in place i.e. food safety nets.
- Putting spotlight on ICDS, specifically the first 1000 days and the Take Home Rations.
- The role of Private sector in Nutrition Security, the opportunities and way forward.
- The significance of behaviour change and the role of CSOs.
- The need for policy reforms and the emerging aspects of quality assurance that are emerging and a critical role that a regulator – FSSAI plays in such a dynamic scenario.