That’s what we’re all about at CRB
Pursuing Business Sustainability is a multi-dimensional and multi-factoral challenge especially in the context of India and other emerging economies with competing developmental priorities and limited resources. At the Centre for Responsible Business (CRB) we are always on the lookout for like-minded and self-driven individuals who share the same vision as us, ‘integrating sustainability into the core business practices’. We believe in cultivating a culture of mutual trust, strong work ethics, openness and team-work.
Explore various opportunities with us where you will have ample opportunities to learn and grow given the autonomy to work innovatively and contribute towards a more sustainable future.
Yes I'm interested in:
Join our Talent Pool
Centre for Responsible Business (CRB) was established in 2011 as a think-tank to pursue its vision, ‘businesses integrate sustainability into their core business practices’. Given that sustainability is a multi-dimensional problem especially in the context of India and other emerging economies, CRB has adopted a model of engaging multiple stakeholders to develop action plans for promoting sustainable/responsible business, across various sectors in India. The work of CRB spans over four operational verticals namely, (i) action and policy work; (ii) training and capacity building; (iii) customized advisory services; and (iv) multi-stakeholder knowledge fora.
The organization works across a diverse set of thematic areas which include (i) business and human rights; (ii) Private Sector & SDGs; (iii) MSMEs & sustainability; (iv) Circular economy and (v) Voluntary sustainability standards. With an experience of having worked for nearly a decade in the abovementioned fields, CRB has developed expertise and insights that positions it well among leading think tanks on sustainable development/sustainable business/SDGs. More information can be found at www.c4rb.org
Fixed Term Contract (2 years), extendable
Department or Group:
Accounts and Finance
New Delhi (currently Working from Home)
Permanent, on roll fixed term contract for 2 years (extendable)
June 7, 2021
Last Date of
June 14, 2021
Mode of Application
Interested candidates need to apply within the last date to the link, with an updated CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. CRB is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women candidates to apply.
External Posting URL:
LinkedIn or Job Board link
3. Job Description & Responsibilities
CRB is looking for an experienced and skilled professional to lead the Finance and Accounts vertical of the organization, with the necessary qualification, adept skills and the right temperament. CRB has tried to evolve its workplace into one that cares for the wellbeing of its employees and balances that with the need for achieving organizational excellence.
The Manager (Finance and Accounts) is expected to handle the following responsibilities, and any other that is allocated to her/him. The Manager (Finance and Accounts) will report to the Chief Executive Officer of the organization.
3.1 Financial System Management
- Manage effective finance and accounting system.
- Manage a reporting system for review of financial/account statements (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) of finances/accounts to the management.
- Manage an Internal Audit system for the overall Finance, Account and administration functions.
- Keeping abreast of latest developments in market on finance and accounting and related compliances especially relating to FCRA or specific rules relating to NGOs
3.2 Account Management
- Accounting using Tally 9.2 accounting software.
- Maintaining up to date accounts
- Invoices, vouchers and payment management
3.3 Financial Management
- Managing finances of projects/programmes/portfolio services
- Realization of payments from clients
- Preparation of client financial reports
- Ensuring timely disbursement of all payments and salaries
- Cash flow management in close coordination with the Programme Lead and CEO
- Monthly forecasts based on close coordination with portfolio and programme teams.
- Analysis of costs and support in pricing of services
- Prepare monthly and annual budgets and monitor deviations.
- Prepare quarterly and annual analysis of expenditure and monitor trend.
- Introduce systems to reduce unnecessary expenditures and ensure cost effective operations.
- Bank Account management for the organization
- Raising timely alerts to senior management to ensure effective cash flow.
3.4 Contract Management:
- Manage consultancy contracts (Invoicing, payments, tax related queries etc.).
- Manage contracts with clients/ funders/partners – Provide advice on tax related matters in contracts, maintain payment and receipt schedules, invoice preparation, query management with regards to payments
- Responsible for annual audited accounts including generation of financial statements and coordination with internal and external auditors.
- Responsible for all statutory and non-statutory compliances, including finance and HR.
- Timely filing of returns (TDS, GST and FCRA)
- Management of overseas contracts financial transactions
3.6 Board Management:
- Coordination and management of the Financial Committee and Governance Body Meetings
- Preparation of Annual Financial Report of the Organization
- Establish an effective procurement policy and facilitate procurement processes as per the organizational guidelines and requirements.
4. Education Qualification
Chartered Accountant with knowledge relating to Foreign Control Regulation Act, 2010
5. Professional Experience & Skills
- 4-5 years of experience in managing accounts and finance of organizations. Experience of managing NGO accounts is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Indian regulations and compliance needs.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills (English, Hindi).
- Adept at using MS Office.
- Strong Leadership and managerial skills
- Passion to work in a startup.
- High on integrity and teamwork.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills